Countdown – 44 Days till Production
And the real work begins. Just had a good meeting with my production heads for Sympathy Pains this morning, and things are looking to come together. We’ve got a budget, and we’ve got a cast, and leads on most of our locations. Hopefully we’ll have quite a few locked by this time next week, with still a month to go.
I liked it better when the countdown was more than 50 days…
Here’s my schedule for the next year (and some):
- June 4th – Pre-production begins full force (Prepping/Building sets, crew drills, etc)
- July 1st – PRODUCTION
- July 2nd- Editing begins
- Aug 12th – Production Wraps
- End of Aug – First Rough Cut
- Fall 2012 – Editing & Preview Screenings
- Jan 2013 – Picture Lock – Begin Sound Design, Scoring, FX, Color Grading
- May 2013 – All Post Production Elements Compiled
- June 2013 – All Post-Production Elements assembled
- July 2013 – Master Blu-Ray and DVD disks created, begin festival submissions
- Sept 2013 – UCA Sympathy Pains gala premiere
I’m looking forward to sleeping again sometime in 2014.